Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Silly Wabbit

 "Silly Wabbit #1" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

"Silly Wabbit #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

Standing in front of my north studio window, I saw a movement of some kind.  Looking closer, I saw a mink staring at me!  He was under a pile of lumber.  Then he took off, bounding through the snow, back out into the swamp!  I love it here.

So this is another new selection from Simplycupcakes of Traverse City (Michigan).  It's carrot cake, topped with chocolate ganache, white Italian buttercream and finished with finely chopped walnuts.  I've never been too interested in carrot cake with chocolate, but the smell was ravishing!  And no, I didn't eat this one.  I'm going to try to paint a 3rd view of it tomorrow.  

The swirl formations just captivate me!  I really enjoy painting a view from directly overhead.  The view is something reminiscent of a galaxy.  Or maybe a rose or a lily.  

And I love the way the swirls also remind me of ski trails on a mountainside.  Not that I ski, but I'm imagining it.  So far, I'm having a good time painting these little "fluffs".  It's kind of a nice change from painting the big, complicated still lifes.  I'm not giving up on those, though.  I just needed a bunch of little cupcake paintings for a show coming up this fall.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment