Thursday, February 24, 2011

Donut with Sprinkles; Danish

 "Donut with Sprinkles" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

"Danish" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

At last: several sunny days in Michigan!  Our winters are generally overcast, so it was exciting to have strong sunlight and shadows.  The shadow shape of the donut, with its sprinkles, was what I found most interesting.  And I loved the bright colors of the sprinkles.  A friend had brought me a few pastries from Johann's in Petoskey.  When I first saw this donut, I was rather surprised.  It is a variety I probably never would have bought for myself.  But it ended up being a visual treat!

Last of the bunch was the Danish.  Painting the jelly was my favorite party!  Love painting "mooshy" things!  The bakery must have some kind of mechanized "thingie" that puts the frosting glaze on.  I found the stripes fascinating, especially the color changes as they fell into shadows.  Another fun one to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment