Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mocha #1

"Mocha #1" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

One of my artist friends came over today to spend the day visiting and sharing my studio.  She decided to paint a purple hyacinth and I worked on this very tempting chocolate cupcake.  It's another creation from Simplycupcakes in Traverse City, Michigan.  Their website describes it as:

Mocha : Dark chocolate cake topped with mocha flavored buttercream and finished with a chocolate covered espresso bean. 

After I finished painting this, we decided it was time for a lunch break.  My friend had brought homemade soup.  Once we had 2 bowls full, we declared it dessert time -- and of course you can guess what we had!  Split in half, I figured it wouldn't kill me, calorie-wise.  And goodness sakes -- it was delicious!  We also had 2 glasses of champagne with it.  Ha ha!
Ah, retirement! 

No comments:

Post a Comment