Friday, February 11, 2011

chocolate donut

"Chocolate Donut" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

OK, a little break from the cupcakes!  My friend, Gail DeMeyer, came over to see my studio and she brought a huge box of donuts from Johann's Bakery in Petoskey.  Egads!  We OD'd on coffee and donuts.  She had a gay old time, photographing my chickens. 

Then she watched me paint "Butter Finger", another of the cupcakes from Simplycupcakes of Traverse City. 

After Gail left, I grabbed this chocolate donut and painted a view of it.  The sun was out (a rarity here in winter) and I loved the shadow pattern and the glare on the frosting.  When finished, I took the donut straight out to the chicken coop.  No more donuts for me!!!!  The chickens were quite thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment