Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Butter Finger & Simply Delicious

 "Butter Finger #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6 -- Margie Guyot

"Simply Delicious #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

Realized I've been running behind on my posts!  These are the most recent cupcake paintings.  I'm trying to do at least 3 versions of each variety, seeing as how I've got 3 art shows coming up to paint for.  Each time I paint a cupcake, I turn it a little to get a new angle.  Doing identical paintings wouldn't appeal at all to me.  These are actually kind of fun to do.  Challenging, but fun.  A nice switch from the big still lifes, which I will get back to.

These are wonderful, gourmet cupcakes from Simplycupcakes in Traverse City, Michigan.  NOT like those nasty cupcakes from the grocery store!  Len, the owner, gives me these for free.  I've taken a few paintings down to him and he's got them up on the wall of the bakery, for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment