Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake

 "Strawberry Cheesecake #1" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

 "Strawberry Cheesecake #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot
 
This cheesecake was a take-home from the shitake log production workshop in Bear Lake, Michigan.  I'd forgotten to bring home my shitake logs when I moved up here, but that's another story.  We'd all been asked to bring something for the potluck lunch and one lady had brought this amazing cheesecake.  She let me whack off a big piece to take home to try to paint.  
For the first painting I used artistic license to paint it as a thinner slice.  The second painting shows the way it really was.  The sun was creating a lot of glare on the strawberry glace, but that's what made it interesting.  As soon as I finished these, I took the cheesecake over to the neighbor's.  I'd have eaten it all myself, otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment