Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mississippi Mud Cheesecake

 "Mississippi Mud #1" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

 "Mississippi Mud #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot
 
 "Mississippi Mud #3" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot
 
This slice of cheesecake was a hoot to paint!  I love the ziggy-zaggy stripes!  This was the first time I'd ever bought a cheesecake -- so expensive!  But I'm glad I did.  This one was a "sampler" cheesecake, with various flavors.  
 
The brown shades were interesting to mix.  I do have a pre-mixed dark brown on my palette (one of Scott Christensen's Vasari colors), but as usual, I had to add "things" to it.  Adding a touch of ultramarine blue makes a really great black".  For the brown tones in the creamy part, I mixed ultramarine blue, cadmium orange, plus a touch of permanent red and a hint of white.  Surprising about the red, but it needed it.  
I was surprised to see how yellow the upper edge of the "crust" was.  But it was there, so I painted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment