Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Dogs, continued

 "Hot Dog #9" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

 "Hot Dog #10" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot
 
These two are teamed up with some canned chili sauce, onions and cheddar cheese.  My favorite way for hot dogs is to pair them with chopped Vidalia onions and yellow mustard, so the chili sauce is a new thing for me.  It smelled good!  It deserved a taste-test!  I ended up making one for myself with the last of the Hebrew National hot dogs (the only brand I'll eat).  
To make the cheese look slightly melted, I stuck this into the microwave and kept checking it every 15 seconds.  One thing I noticed -- that I liked -- was how the grease (and spices) from the chili sauce turned orange, soaking into the edge of the bun.  It's fun, watching for these "minor mysteries" in ordinary things.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up making one for myself with the last of the Hebrew National hot dogs (the only brand I'll eat). Lej en pølsevogn

    ReplyDelete