Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pina Colada Cupcakes

 "Pina Colada #1" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

"Pina Colada #2" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

Yikes!  I've gotten behind on my posts.  It's been very cold and snowy, and I've been hanging out in my studio, painting cupcakes - and playing my sax.  

I've decided to do several paintings of each cupcake, varying the angles slightly.  The frosting swirls are always a challenge.  Learning to control your panic is one of the keys to producing a good painting.  Seeing those swirls of frosting could throw me into a panic, but I know to just ignore the freak-out messages from my brain and just calm down and figure them out.

This is another cupcake from Simplycupcakes in Traverse City, Michigan.  The description of this one (taken from their website) is:  Pineapple cake topped with a butter rum buttercream frosting and finished with coconut and a cherry.  Mmmmm! 




No comments:

Post a Comment