Monday, January 17, 2011

Heart & Feathers

"Heart & Feathers" -- oil on canvas 12x12" -- Margie Guyot


It's snowing like mad and I don't have TV reception, so it's been a great time to be painting in the studio!  I love painting this red Carnival glass heart.  It's kind of a killer, as far as difficulty goes.  Every tiny change in your position affects how it reflects.  Notice the orange shadows it's casting on the crumpled paper?  


And I love wild turkey feathers!  Lots of wild turkeys all over the place up here and I pick them up (the feathers, not the turkeys!).  I think they're fascinating.  


Painting crumpled paper is kind of fun.  Maddening-fun, that is!  But it beats shoveling snow.

1 comment:

  1. TV?!? Nah. You have cats. Put 'em in a box with the crumpled paper and the turkey feathers and they'll entertain you all afternoon.

    I like the crumpled paper background. It would be nice to think that all the things I used to write on paper and then crumple might have ended up as a different art form.

    ReplyDelete