Friday, February 19, 2010

"Waves - Norwood Beach 2/19/20" -- plein air field study -- 10x20" -- Margie Guyot

It was a rare sunny day here in NW Michigan and it had me inspired! Not wanting to waste time showering, I pulled on snowpants on over my pajamas, threw on my heavy down coat, loaded my gear into the car and drove to Norwood Beach. The wind was brisk, raising tremendous whitecaps. And the wind had created some deep drifts in the snow since the last time I was there. It was about knee-deep in places as I headed out to my favorite spot.

The ice beyond the big pileup clumps looked treacherous. The crashing waves were causing the ice to undulate. Really cool to watch!

I was glad to have received my box of 10x20" stretched canvases in the mail. Painting in that format is rather new to me -- and I think it's just the thing for this type of landscape.

Wore my balaclava and new hat, which was a great combination. My face didn't feel cold (for once!). The new hat has a wide brim, is very lightweight and has a strong chinstrap. No fun having to chase your hat across the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment