Saturday, February 13, 2010


"Early Afternoon -- Norwood Beach 2/13/10" -- plein air field study -- oil on canvas -- 11x14" -- Margie Guyot

I love coming to this site! It's always looking different, from day to day -- and from second to second! Compared to the weather we'd had earlier in the week, it was practically balmy today here. Still, I was glad I had on my sub-zero boots, snow pants, balaclava, etc. Walking across the ice is rather treacherous. So easy to slip! I wasn't worried about falling through the ice so much. Having grown up in Iowa, I know what ice sounds like when it's about to crack.

The ice was making all kinds of moaning sounds. Quite interesting! I loved the way the wind had blown the snow into patterns, as you can see here in the foreground. The sky was fascinating. Constantly changing. I almost felt like I was trying to chase it with my brush.



No comments:

Post a Comment