Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Frozen Orchard -- plein air field study -- oil on canvas -- 9x12" -- Margie Guyot

It was 4 degrees out this morning but the sun was making diamonds in the snow! How could I resist? I layered on the clothes, threw on the snowboots and lugged my stuff out into my little orchard. For once I was thankful for hot flashes!


"White Cyclamen" -- oil on canvas -- 11x14" -- Margie Guyot

It felt SO good to be inside my nice, warm studio this afternoon! I'd bought this white cyclamen a few days ago in Petoskey and thought it might look pretty, paired with this old tablecloth. About half the time I spent removing one of the cats from the setup. They liked to bask next to the plant in the sun.

If I can keep this plant alive for another week or so, I'd like to use it in another still life or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment