Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pina Colada

 "Pina Colada #4" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

"Pina Colada #5" -- oil on canvas 6x6" -- Margie Guyot

More great cupcakes from Simplycupcakes, on Front Street, in Traverse City, Michigan.  When I started this cupcake series, I only did 1 painting of each variety.  But it didn't take long to realize I needed to do multiple "takes" on each cupcake.  I plan on using some in at least 2 shows coming up, plus I've been selling some paintings right out of my studio.  So I had to paint at least 2 more of Pina Colada.  

I've saved most all the cupcakes.  Some are approaching 2 months old.  They still look wonderful, although the cake part is hard as a rock.  The maraschino cherry on this one has fallen off onto the floor several times.  I just pick it up, pull off any stray cat hairs (!) and stick it back on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment