Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Bananas" -- oil on stretched canvas -- 10x20" -- Margie Guyot

Can you tell I like this tablecloth? Monet had his haystacks; I have my vintage tablecloths. It's just so great to use in still lifes. And fruit: I could paint fruit all day, day in and day out! I hadn't painted any fruit in a while and these bananas were signing a siren song today.

No dilly-dallying about when it comes to painting bananas. They ripen so quickly and change their looks almost by the hour!

It was overcast and snowing all day. No strong sunlight/shadow patterns. Only very slight shadows were showing, but it's OK. Soft shadows are a nice change now and then.

If I'd had my camera in the studio, I could have gotten a photo of Picasso (my black & white kitty) lying in the center of these bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment