Friday, September 10, 2010

Looking South -- Lightfoot and State Roads"

 "Looking South -- Lightfood and State Roads" -- plein air field study -- oil on canvas panel -- 8x10" -- Margie Guyot

We'd had days and days of high winds and rain here, making me itching to get out and do some plein air painting!  This morning I had to schlep 2 paintings up to Crooked Tree Arts Council in Petoskey, then take several others up to Three Pines Gallery in Cross Village.  Quite a haul.  But I had my thinking cap on and had all my painting gear with me.

Every time I'd come back from Three Pines Gallery, I'd see this road.  Finally I was able to stop and paint it!  The wind was bearable.  The clouds were quite interesting.  It wasn't too hot or too cold.  In other words, it was a perfect day to be out painting!

Seems like every painting I've done with a road has sold.  Wow -- a light bulb finally came on: I need to paint more road paintings!

Woke up at 4 this morning, got up at 4:30 and am about to get my bike ride in.  Then I'll load up the car and drive south, towards Bellaire.  Last week I saw an old tractor in a field of goldenrod.  Let's hope it's still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment