Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clematis

"Clematis" -- oil on canvas 24x24" -- Margie Guyot

My friend Linda Boss surprised me a few days ago, bringing me this clipping of clematis vine.  Most of the flower paintings I've been doing this summer have been on 6x6" canvases.  But this was so beautiful - I love the way the vine curls around! - that I had to do a larger painting of the whole thing.  I've always loved clematis but never had any success in growing them.

Because of two "frisky" studio cats, I had to remove the vase of clematis from my studio every evening. 

I used the same gold and lavender silk scarf that I used in an earlier painting, "Lavender and Gold". 

If the blossoms will hold out a few more days, I'm going to try and do a few 6x6" closeup paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment